Magnus Chemicals Ltd. was founded by Mr. Paul-Emile Pichet in 1946. Today it is the third generation of Pichet sons who is at the head of the company.
At the time, a conglomerate of 19 companies licensed by the Magnus Group based in the United States operated under the same name. Since 1980, however, the company is fully independent.
In the early days of Magnus' activities, its mission was, first and foremost, to find chemical solutions for the treatment of steam boilers and to develop industrial cleaning processes.
In 1965, P.E. Pichet identified the opportunity to provide custom made water treatment equipment, by establishing a subsidiary company, Magnor Inc., which specialized in improving the water quality for drinking applications and wastewater treatment processes.
In 1975, one of Paul-Emile’s five sons Jacques Pichet took over the operations, bringing Magnus closer to the way the company is operated today.
In 2000, Magnus' headquarters moved to its current location on the Ampere street, a brand new ultra-modern facility, consisting of analytical laboratories and R&D at the cutting edge of technology to meet the growing needs of its customers.
In 2006, the current President and CEO, Denis Pichet took over the company's reins and continued to consolidate the Magnus brand.
Magnus was able, thanks to its qualified staff and its vision of innovative business, to develop and apply its chemical expertise to new markets, including water treatment for HVAC systems, industrial cleaners and specialty lubricants for machining metals.